I confess. My purse is a bottomless pit. I clean it out as part of my vacation prep. Unfortunately, I haven’t been on a trip since early August. Now Spring Break is here and I’m heading to my daughter’s so I decided to start the excavation work. What did I find?
- Three packs of gum with two pieces in each pack
- a very flat granola bar (I don’t eat granola bars except as emergency food when traveling, so I’m pretty sure it was at least eight months old)
- a crossword puzzle to work on the plane (last August)
- about five pounds of change loose in the bottom
- a used ticket to a performance of “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf” at the community theater. The performances were great, the play not one of my favorites.
- two Starbucks gift cards (score!)
- at least ten pens (why can I never find one when I need it?)
I have tried numerous management techniques to cure my purse problems. For several years I carried tiny purses so that I would be forced to clean them out. I’ve tried different styles of wallets and inserts. Then I got a bigger phone that I actually carry and a journal that I like to stick in my purse and I had to graduate to something larger. Now I’m right back where I started.
I have another trip scheduled in June, so maybe the pit won’t be completely full by then!